Ticket cancellation and refund policy of Delta Airlines!
At times, you tend to book tickets to a destination very early to have the best seats on a flight or availing certain offers and deals on ticket pricing. But your traveling plan changes suddenly due to a new destination option or an unforeseen situation. Then what happens to the ticket that you already booked? Well at the Delta Airlines you can cancel your ticket as they are either refundable, non-refundable, or in certain circumstances, the cancellation charges are to be paid. You have to contact the Delta Airlines Phone Number +1 800-201-4553 and get prompt ticket cancellation with the help of the customer support representatives of Delta Airlines. Learn more about the Delta Airlines ticket cancellation policy as under:-
- The tickets can be canceled within 24 hours from its booking or before 7 days for flight departure for absolutely no cancellation charges.
- After that time period, there is a certain amount of cancellation charges levied on the ticket and the remaining amount can be transferred to a credit deposit that can be used as per the need.
- You are allowed to cancel tickets if there is sudden death in the family or you have been called for your jury duty. But for those cancellations, you have to share a copy of the eulogy or summon to the airlines so that you are not charged for the cancellations.
- If due to weather or change in arrival or departure time, then on the next alternative flight the passengers will be provided with accommodation for free.
- If in case the flight was delayed or canceled or you were downgraded by Airlines, then you can ask for a refund.
At Delta Airlines, there are 3 types of cancellation process:
If the flight is booked from Delta Airlines App or official Site, then the passengers have access to cancel the tickets within 24 hours under risk-free cancellation. In that case, Delta Airlines will refund the total amount you had paid for the tickets without any cancellation charges.
You can cancel the ticket as mentioned below:
- Login into your account at Delta Airlines.
- Select the trip that you want to cancel.
- Click on the button with the option ‘cancel flight’.
- Then you will automatically receive a refund in your original payment method.
If there is a change in the plan and they have booked a refundable ticket, then it can be canceled by following the given process:
- Login in to your registered account.
- Click on “My Trip”.
- Select the Flight to cancel.
- Go to the ‘Modify Flight’ option.
- Click on ‘Start Flight Cancellation’.
- And cancel the trip.
Fill the form for the refund if and only if the booked ticket was refundable. Then you will receive a refund in your original payment method.
If the ticket was booked as Non-refundable cancellation, then at the time of cancellation, a fee will be deducted from the flight ticket charges. And the rest of the refund amount will be sent to the eCredit account which can be used at the time of next flight booking.
To cancel the tickets follow these steps:
- Login to your account.
- Select the trip you want to cancel.
- Click the Cancel Flight option and follow the provided steps.
The minimum cancellation fees of the flight tickets are $200 apart from that the rest of the amount will be refunded in your eCredit account which you can use till a year.
For more details regarding the cancellation policy, you can contact us on our Delta Airlines Booking Number +1 800-201-4553. Our executives with their best knowledge will guide you regarding the cancellation policy or refund process. You can get in touch with our executives 24*7.